DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

CTF Released on TT's 6th B/day 4/25 Preload Available Now

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

deano
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: CTF Recreation Developments

Post by deano »

^thats a great siggy phobes

"TT was the best twenty bucks i ever spent" Dad 2006
PEST
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by PEST »

I haven't read all of this thread so this might have been mentioned before, but .... I seem to remember that when you got a Speedy power-up it made your tank go faster for 10 seconds or so.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

^Thats true, there were 2 speedy powerups. The orginal and the speed boost, which I believe made the tank 1.5x speed for about 10-15 seconds. Also if you went into the ammo reload gate your speed increased for the 10-15 seconds.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
LONEWOLF
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by LONEWOLF »

^ correct

@ All
Dazzle and I spent another 2 1/2hrs. today
finishing up the last of the lush maps !
Sorry it is taking so long
you all know how life is though !:peace:
Don't Tread On Me!!!
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

^ luv yer picture, do you have any contact with silbarcalis, chief, moe, grey? all thoe old ctfers? perhaps we can get a good ole game going when (ctf, the great comback) comes back.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Thanks for you time last nigh LW, looks like the lush maps are 99% complete, onto spooky next :monkey:

^^^ & ^^^^ so there is also a power up that gives speed tank as well? when you picked this pup up did it give speedy wep as well or did wep remain standard and tank gets speed only?
LONEWOLF
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by LONEWOLF »

@ Dazzle
Tank gets speed only !

@ Cloud
Been trying to reach Moe for a while now .

Silbarcalis and I talked about 6 - 8 months ago,
He has a kid now and has moved on in Life.

No word from my old buddy Chief in about 1 a year.

Not sure what happened to Grey .
Don't Tread On Me!!!
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

^ Now that I have some memory after a nice sleep, I vaguely remember seeing moe within the last 3-4 months, he was just checking in...
Thanks so much guys, I cant wait till CTF is up. Let me know if yall still need help with placing, ect. Really appreciate all of your hard work.
BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by BerthaCampaDiva »

Regarding the Brain weapon...

I remember how you would "toss" it and it would land to the ground. About two to three seconds later, it would travel across the ground about one-third to half the distance that is was tossed and in the same direction. The brain weapon would then stay at rest on the ground for some time (don't remember how long exactly) before disappearing.

The weapon's "site" had an downward arc to it.. and the site, or crosshairs (don't know what to call it) wasn't able to go clear across the map like ordinary weapons. If you could look at the side of your tank and see your site it would've looked kinda like this if aiming straight on:

(This drawing is for informational purposes only.. this is not an actual screenshot)

I look forward to this mod.. and am appreciative :thumbup:

#2 (personally wouldn't mind #1)

ADDENDUM:

v - Your weapons will effectively do the same job and sound awesome!
Last edited by BerthaCampaDiva on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Ok this brain thing is driving me mad :tankermad1: I cannot get it to slide and then stick, so after over 6 hours of trying this is what I have decided to do. There will be 2 brain powerups in CTF Recreation, one has a short fire distance like bertha described and then slides along the floor at quite a slow pace for about 10 seconds before exploding, thats unless it hits a tank first. Because the speed of this wep is fairly slow it means that it can be fired along terrain but will not travel very far up an incline so the wep can be bent around and along the contours of the map, cool eh? the second brain power up is a straight sticky wep, it has a longer firing distance with faster speed. Wherever the brain hits the ground is where it will stick for 20 secs before exploding, unless someone runs into it :)

The sticky brain has 8 shots and the slide brain has 12 shots. Both brain weps fire in the same way as the original CTF brain wep (as described by Breaka and Bertha a few pages back - thanks guys)and both have the same damage effect and splash area.

I am sorry this is not exactly like the original brain wep but I cant waste any more time on one wep as this thing will never get finished, and besides it may add a new dimension to the game. Personally I really like the slide brain it has many possibilities.

So all the weps are done except the speed tank thing but that will not be a problem as it will use the same data as the speed gate which is already complete.

Towards the end of next week I will be running the Lush map object placement and weapon test server so look out for emails and PM's with more details.

Thanks for all your help so far and keep the information and feedback rolling in please, thanks.

Next up will be finalising of the spooky maps.