DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

new comp

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

Re: new comp

Post by Bolo »

be aware that tt only sees one processor core. a single core chip thats as fast as you can buy will outperform anything

the graphics is where things start to get expensive. you can spend 30 bucks on a card that will play tt perfect and 2000 bucks on a card that looks the same for tt. time to decide what kinds of games you will be playing.

get 2+ gig of the fastest ram and the fastest hdd speed.

dual boot linux for TT
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

^ Isn't the main advantage of multiple processors that each thing you have running will use its own processor? So when you have one application running, the operating system is using the second processor? And if you have 4 or more cores, those infernal background apps get distributed to the other processors?
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

^That's what I thought.
If I wanted a computer optimized for TT only, Bolo's recipe is the way to go, but I'd like a little versatility. However, Bolo pretty much described the computer I'm on now, except for the Linux...
That's a sweet deal, T34, but I don't want a laptop, too fragile for my caveman hands.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

I'm leaning towards ; AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition 3.2Ghz OC System w/4G Ram & NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 1GB.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Whoopie! New machine came yesterday. I got this one:AMD BLACK EDITION ALL PURPOSE COMPUTER USING 4GB OF RAM
I'm still toiling over getting everything set up, but I'm pretty much done, I think.
TT is hooked up, I went from around 50 frames per second at 640x480 (detail medium) on the old comp to around 300fps, at 800x600 (details high). The difference is amazing.
Huge thanks to Jerry for helping me out.
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

^ I got an Athlon around the time Pentium came out and had some compatibility issues with certain programs I use (Korean language stuff). Please let me know how the AMD works for you, if there are any bugs/problems. I am debating going AMD again or to bite the bullet and do Intel.

Thanks.
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

That's sweet Fishy! 8)

^ Do you know of any guides that list AMd specs and such? I have never purchased an AMD because they're just too stinkin hard to figure out the specs on. Intel lists Gigahertz and such, but AMD uses numbers that have nothing to do with gigahertz...
Born-Again Christian
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

^^ So far, this one is running like Ben Johnson. No problems. My old comp had a little single-core 1.5 ghz AMD, and I never had any problems w/ the cpu, despite much abuse.

^ I found that that a good way to find out any info on a component was to visit the site of a major retailer like Tiger or Newegg. They give very detailed descriptions and customer reviews.
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

so fishy is gonna be even tougher in the servers now.
Dont Go Ninja'in Nobody Don't Need Ninja'in
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

^Blasphemy. None rival Bolo's greatness. Pray for forgiveness.