DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Oh, *that* hypocracy.

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

cool hand luke
A Few Broken Brainjars
A Few Broken Brainjars

Post by cool hand luke »

What would happen if there was:

White History month
The united white college fund
American Association of white Journalists (can't remember ____ ____ of black journalists)
White Caucus
I also heard of a Black only beauty pageant

I remember when Bill Cosby spoke up a few years back and was slammed for speaking up about the condition of his race.
I believe the most important thing we should not forget, is that the media gives access to people to help fan the flames of racism. I will go out on a limb here and say that there might be an agenda to keep all of us divided, so were not in one accord like we should be. There's always the same old viewpoint in our main stream media/culture. Most of us can figure it out and read between the lines, but some can't and get flamed over and over again. This shows how far we have fallen from our fallen nature.
Rabban
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Rabban »

There's one thing I've been wondering about. Its seems as if all the uproar was over the "nappy headed" thing since McGuirk said, "Some hard-core hos." and I haven't heard anything about him being fired or reprimanded. McGuirk also said, "The Jigaboos vs. the Wannabes -- that movie that he had." when describing a Spike Lee movie. Maybe I've missed the coverage on McGuirk and maybe he's fired along with Imus, but I'm just not sure this isn't a case where public opinion and the media got hold of a story and ended up getting someone fired.
Not that I'm a fan of Imus, but I'm just wondering what sort of society we're trying to create when speech being regulated more and more and not necessarily fairly for all.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

Since McGuirk was the producer of the show, the show being canceled means that he was fired. Plus, it's Imus in the Morning show and as long as Imus is seen to be supporting anything McGuirk spews, Don should bear the brunt.
The irony of it is that the media helped Imus, a member of media, get fired. Also, since Imus is a public figure, shouldn't public opinion mean something?
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

@ Mouse:
Or the fact that Chavez "donated" oil to the poor in Boston cancel out his otherwise nefarious activities?
What nefarious activities? Like, not being steamrolled by oil companies and the World Bank?
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

Good article. Indeed, I have NO FREAKIN IDEA what people like in hip-hop 'music'. These 'musicians' are hoaxes: hell, do they even KNOW how to play ANY musical instrument except for a cheap beatbox? Come on, here you are, playing toughy milionnaire, with gold chain and such, oh! my! this is so bad! About their lyrics: well, yes, I'd say 'no to education' too if I had as much gray matter as them! Do they have a 'singing impediment'? Enough already...

Read a while back an interesting thing saying that white kids listening to hip-hop cannot take it as seriously and as 'role-model' as black kids do...

Anyway good thread.
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

Hugobaaarainz wrote:Good article. Indeed, I have NO FREAKIN IDEA what people like in hip-hop 'music'. These 'musicians' are hoaxes: hell, do they even KNOW how to play ANY musical instrument except for a cheap beatbox? Come on, here you are, playing toughy milionnaire, with gold chain and such, oh! my! this is so bad! About their lyrics: well, yes, I'd say 'no to education' too if I had as much gray matter as them! Do they have a 'singing impediment'? Enough already...

Read a while back an interesting thing saying that white kids listening to hip-hop cannot take it as seriously and as 'role-model' as black kids do...

Anyway good thread.
It's all about the beat. People overseas like American hip-hop even if they can't understand the lyrics. Besides, there's always a few people who rap about worthy topics, like Kanye West...
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
Jacob the JESUSFREAK
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Jacob the JESUSFREAK »

and beat boxes aren't that cheap. and good hip hop singers play other instruments.
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

@Hugo...Like fixing the election where he has overwhelming 95% of votes, with all of the opposition left out of the election process. Massive riots where opposition protesters get beat down, threatening to sell F-15 to American enemies if we don't agree to fully upgrade, even though we have lived up to the letter of the contract previously agreed upon...
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

heh Mouse, we'd need a new thread for the Chavez thing! :razz:
So I'll go back on topic...

Sorry for my rant on hip-hop music, but really, I'm sorry to say this, this is bottom feeder music. I fail to see what's brought to one listening to this. But whatever, I'm one elitist custard - and I listen to my own version of trash I guess, but I prefer... hmm... more subtle music.

I'm not super familiar with the US race issues - not living there - but that for sure your country did huge progress since the 60s. I have a long frustration with the 'we are victims' mantras, from prolonged experience with people in the 'we are victims' mindset. To hear it over and over, ultimately it's not very empowering.

It strikes me as bias when a wasp jock say crap on radio and gets fired on from all around, whilst some hip-hoppers gets medals and accolade and oscars or such for signing the same thing. I think it's interesting to underline that.

This ia a hard time to be a white dude or dudette - there's a new censorship around! Call it the the 'imperial' or 'colonial' backlash! :wink:
cool hand luke
A Few Broken Brainjars
A Few Broken Brainjars

Post by cool hand luke »

Something that is even worse than that. There are people out there pushing for reparations for slavery. OMG!! Life, Liberty, and the right to sue is the new american dream. This is probably the same ones who brought us ebonics....YO.