DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Oh, *that* hypocracy.

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Three
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Three »

Too true Rogue, and although I may try that little gem of an experiment out on Mrs. Three's friends this weekend, it only illustrates my point further. These women, and their coach, had it. They had the national media painting them an angelic hue. They had Sharpton and Jackson, the dynamic duo of racial defense, at their beck and call. Christ, even ESPN was running a 12 minute bit on what upstanding women they were.

And then they decided to hold a press conference.

I'm quite certain the women of Rutgers are sure they're not nappy hoes. But instead of brushing it off like the hot girl I'm gonna call a slob this Friday will, they proceeded to say things like "It's just too bad that everything we've worked so hard for this past season can be torn apart by one man's insensitivity."

Are you kidding me? They just assured the washed up jackoff that he still has an impact. They had all of america connecting with them on an empathetic level. They had it. Then they played the victim, and waived bye-bye to the respect of a goodly portion of sympathizers, myself included. When it comes to statements released to a group of people who already support you, most of the time less is more.
Rabban
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Gangsters.

Post by Rabban »

I just watched Angels with Dirty Faces which was made in 1938. In the commentary, they discussed how gangster movies had been in decline since they didn't want to glorify the lifestyle. "Angels" ended with the "hero" turning yellow in order to discourage his young followers from idolizing him.

What was interested to note was the group of people wanting to be involved with the gangster lifestyle. Poor, white urbans. The commentator's description of what motivated their desires are the very same one's we would use today to describe today's youth who are interested in the gangsta lifestyle.

So I guess my point is that its not so much a race issue than an economic issue and that the times only change the players.

I also think a 2007 remake of "Angels with Dirty Faces", if done right, could be a very powerful movie today.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

anyone want to hear some interesting rap check out Busdriver...this guy is by far the most worthwhile rapper since Tribe.
drsawbones
Site Mechanic
Site Mechanic

Post by drsawbones »

BudsDiver?

:shock:

:lol:

Sorry, my eyes were tired....
DrSawbones™(UF)

Rogue
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Rogue »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/23/turner.prom/index.html

And it only took until 2007. Good grief.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

:oops: Sorry Rogue for coping your post earlier. I didn't realize you already had the story added to your post.

Jerry
Rogue
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Rogue »

No need to be sorry. Didn't me for it to come out negatively. Just didn't know if anyone had clicked the link.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

:) I missed it the first time. I read the post, but I didn't see the link. it must have been the 4 hours of TTs before I read the posts. :lol:
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

Rogue wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/23/turner.prom/index.html

And it only took until 2007. Good grief.

I guess it takes longer to see what your doing when its a tradition. They all did it so its ok. Even the ones that are learning still need to listen to what they were saying.