DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

*rubs forehead twice*

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: *rubs forehead twice*

Post by Mighty Mouse »

My main point is that because Apple produces a good product, do you think none of that is driven by the competition? If there weren't Droid phones, where is the need to innovate going to come from?

Yes. Iphone works straight from the box. Are you guys seriously telling me that all Apple products work that way. I recall a glitch or 2. I've seen iphones frozen. Or issues with batteries. Just because it didn't happen to your version doesn't mean it doesn't happen
All electronic components/products have glitches. Even the most highly vetted military electronic equipment come with their share because of the unexpected nature of integration into our daily lives.

As for working straight from the box, I don't expect that. I expect that the company would have sufficiently robust A/S system where my concerns are addressed/fixed. I suppose your car never had to go to the shop, or your newly built house had an unexpected plumbing leak.

As for your android purchase, perhaps you should have done more research before buying. How about talking with your tech guys before buying the Droid instead of after. Just because it didn't work when you tried to integrate with your business systems doesn't make it a bad system. It just makes it a bad system for you.

Oh btw, your Windows 7 has had multitude of updates and upgrades since you purchased it in case you wanted to know.

Perhaps your opinions are always gems. Kudos to you being so wise.
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

Giggle... another one of these...

Here's my perspective. I work closely our graphic designer. She does all the artsy-fartsy stuff and I do the approvals. She insists on using a Mac because "that's what she knows best".

In the past year her laptop has crashed twice - faulty hardware both times on two separate laptops. Once the motherboard went out and the second time the processor went toasty. I've been using a HP laptop without issue during the same time. BTW she can not use any of the company systems without running a windows emulator on the Mac (e-mail, access DB & IE accessed DB).

A few months ago she burned 300gigs of photos onto an external drive from her computer. This was hand delivered by her boss to his boss (VP) in France. He runs a windows machine and none of the files were accessible. She got a call from France on that one and some rude comments from me when I could get off the floor. She randomly has this problem with USB drives as well.

On the other hand, my blackberry crashes constantly and the battery is starting to wear out after a year. She hasn't had any issues with her blackberry (same model and age). She's had to replace her Iphone once this past year as well. My boss has had to replace his HP laptop once this past year for the harddrive crashing.

When I remember to put it up my server is on a 14 Year old Compaq laptop. The only thing wrong with it is the power connection is worn and the battery is of course dead. It still runs though.... imagine that.

Every company sells some duds. I really don't see much difference between the performance of most of the top companies offerings. They all have to maintain a reasonable track record to survive in the market.

I personally grew to hate Mac's when many moons ago when I worked for a community college and was forced use one. This was an older machine that came with OS9 I believe. They upgraded to OS X when it first came out. The thing that drew my absolute detestation of all things mac was when I tried to transfer a file. I put a 3.5" floppy into the slot and .... nothing... Mac had removed the software that recognized it to force people to buy USB drives. This was back in the day when a USB drive cost a minimum of $50 for 32MB. I've never used a Mac product since then. The business model offends my sensibilities.

Yep my Windows 7 machine plays my windows 95 games and reads my 3.5" floppy drive I salvaged off an old PC just fine. Maybe I'm too simple for those flashy Mac's. I don't care if I have to fiddle a bit but I want it to work with well everything.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

giggle....
glad you still have those 3.5" floppies working:)

Yeah the macs moved away from them early on, I had a zip drive for awhile to ease that transistion as I recall.

Actually I wasn't trying to revive that tired old pc vs Mac debate. Just giving my perspective.
All companies have lemons to be sure, competition helps to be sure.
If people like the system they have, thats great.
I'm sure we could all recite or list tales of failed systems or configurations on systems.
Clearly Apple hasn't become the worlds richest company by hype and form factor alone. That said it doesn't mean everyone has to like using them or like their business model.