DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Achievements and Statistics

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Warfare

Achievements and Statistics

Post by Warfare »

Greetings fellow tankers, you don't hear from me often but I've got some exciting news.

For the past bit of an undetermined amount of time I have been working on a mod to Think Tanks that could potentially redefine the game as we know it. A statistics mod.
The idea is to create an environment where players could play on ranked servers and have their gameplay statistics saved to an online database, accessible to be viewed by anyone.

The stats include:
  • Rounds played
    Time played
    Distance traveled
    Kills
    Deaths
    Powerups picked up
    Boost pads taken
    Game wins
    Game losses
    Scrum goals
    Scrum passes
    Tank position
    and more
This mod will not only be used for gathering statistics, but using this information we can also infer special situations, like who you've killed the most, who has killed you the most, or achievements like sniping a tank 500 meters away, stealing the scrum from the player you've just killed, or other fun stuff.

All of this will be accessible by the public on a website, currently being built. Anyone can look you up to see how your kill to death ratio is doing, or what recent achievements you've obtained.

Another feature is client authentication. By signing up on the statistics website you can reserve your Think Tanks moniker. The website in turn will give you a download page for the client side of this mod, containing unique information used to identify you.
This means no more imposters.

Now before you get TOO excited, this project is still in development. BUT, if you are attending TBML for the next week or two, you will be alpha testing the current build of this mod. I will be emailing those playing in TBML with your copy of the client side script, but if you fail to receive an email from me, let me know here.

In the meantime, for the rest of us not participating in TBML, if there are features for this mod that you'd like to see, or if you have an idea for an achievement, say so right here in this thread.
TumbleWeed
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Re: Achievements and Statistics

Post by TumbleWeed »

Sounds fun, I can see flame wars already :thumbup: :argue: Im a TS player so i'll keep an eye on your thread and see what develops. Look forward to seeing how this turns out. Good luck.
"La Lotta Di Uomo Col Serbatoio"
-translation-
"The Struggle of Man With Tank"

Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

This sounds great! Looking forward to it!!

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

WOW! I didn't think this was actually going to happen. I see my pessimism is unfounded. I know a few of us talked about something like this months ago, and it sounds incredibly intriguing. Hopefully players will grasp some form of humility as their achievements skyrocket (or plummet). There are downsides to this but I'm convinced the benefits far out-weigh them. I wish you the best of luck!
meow !
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Wacky,

This sounds great, Phobik did tell me something like this was being deveoped. I have just one suggestion and that is a stat of the date a player last played TT - I trust a man of your quality will not find that difficult to include :tankertongue:

Anyway great idea cant wait to see the results.
Bolo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

Post by Bolo »

Is this data accessible on the web or is that still work in progress?

I followed the directions but it did not rename me when i went into a TBML server so i am assuming something is not quite right.

Has anyone else tried this?
B

-Madly in love with Rogue as of August, 2007
aaa
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by aaa »

May I just add that I think this is great?
Thank you :)