DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Attention all Hosters

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Attention all Hosters

Post by Rooster »

Reprint of logical requests from Bravetree

1. Please host MOD Maps as Team Games - demos would not understand a 10 minute download
and would only become frustrated and not buy the game

2. When Hosting a MOD - Please put MOD in the server title

Help to protect and invigorate this game we all love
Discouraging newcomers will only hasten its downfall
Thank You
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

Have I or have I not been saying this all along? Thats why I only run team Games and put Mod in my server name. :mad:
PLAYER36-SA-
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by PLAYER36-SA- »

I understand their reasoning, but we haven't got a whole lot in the way of support from them. I mean, it's annoying when we have to consider making our own master server. I'll grudgingly honor their request for now.

But if you really wanted to host an indy mod, wouldn't it work just as well to lock the server?
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

This request was asked 3years ago, why should they give us support when we don't offer them any ?
icEPiraka
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by icEPiraka »

Here's a simple idea; why not create a DEMO filter script? Or has that already been scripted?

-icEP-SA
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

icEPiraka! wrote:Here's a simple idea; why not create a DEMO filter script? Or has that already been scripted?

-icEP-SA

That was scripted at least once. GQ Shooter had it on his servers almost a year ago, but...

O.K. Sure, some DEMOs are plain annoying (like ATTACK and ATTACK.1). But there are some high-quality demos out there good enough to kick your donkey. Yes, people will (they should) back me up on this that DEMOs like fsm, Crusader, and I should NOT be "filtered out" of servers just because we are demos. :mad: I'm sick and tired of people steriotyping DEMOs (which I know probably will not change).

Second, the whole point of a demo is to hook a player on to buy the game. Do you really want to prevent demos from playing on servers?

Tx for reading,
Gimmie the scrum!
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

ArtCrazy maked one, I have it, and will upload it...

edit: uploaded it: Linky
Place it in your game/server/scripts (create a .cs file named AntiDemos.cs) and add exec("game/server/scripts/antidemos.cs"); to your main.cs file

Or: you can place it in any executed file (like your AdminScript's main file, or special.cs)
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

What exactly will garagegames do to us if we don't comply?
Born-Again Christian
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

Wow not the kind of reply I would expect from a" BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN ". Whats to stop them from removing us from the Master Server?

DEMOs like fsm, Crusader, and I should NOT be "filtered out" of servers just because we are demos.

Buy the game.

But there are some high-quality demos out there good enough to kick your donkey.

If you're as good as you think you are you have been playing for sometime now, if you're not hooked yet you never will be, BUY THE GAME. Feel free to play on all the public servers you want that in it's self should be all the motivation one should need to buy the game.
Last edited by Repent©ºâ² on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icEPiraka
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by icEPiraka »

That was scripted at least once. GQ Shooter had it on his servers almost a year ago, but...

O.K. Sure, some DEMOs are plain annoying (like ATTACK and ATTACK.1). But there are some high-quality demos out there good enough to kick your donkey. Yes, people will (they should) back me up on this that DEMOs like fsm, Crusader, and I should NOT be "filtered out" of servers just because we are demos. :mad: I'm sick and tired of people steriotyping DEMOs (which I know probably will not change).

Second, the whole point of a demo is to hook a player on to buy the game. Do you really want to prevent demos from playing on servers?

Tx for reading,

What I was getting at was just to use the filter scripts on the indy MOD servers, so the DEMOs wouldn't be confused by the long download, and we could still host and play indy MOD servers. Pretty much no different than just hosting a Team server, except we have more freedom with playing indy, and we would technically be both obeying and not obeying GG's request. I don't want to cut DEMO's from the servers entirely, just the ones where there will be a download, so no confusion involved.

-icEP!-SA