DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

CTF Released on TT's 6th B/day 4/25 Preload Available Now

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

CTF Released on TT's 6th B/day 4/25 Preload Available Now

Post by Dazzle »

Mr Phobik, LONEWOLF and myself are attempting to recreate, as far as possible, the original CTF maps.

If anyone has any screenies of these maps could you either post them here or email them to me, we would be very grateful.

Thanks

Daz
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CTF

Post by Cloud »

I have helped Mrphobik with some of the placing. Trying to remember where the old power ups were. I would have to look at the maps and see them. I have tried to contact 56K lag man becuase was the one that hosted the old ctf maps in the ''laggy'' ctf server. Try contacting him, hes the best contact to have if you want the old ctf maps. If you want some old eyes that have played ctf, try lonewolf, moe, chief, cadc. Check the old CTF leagues on the Ptt archieves.
Last edited by Cloud on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above:
Yep done all of that hence this thread, LW emailed 56k, but yet no reply :(

Managed to find a few screenies from the PTT archives but not much. LW has a lot of it in his head, amazing just how much he remembers.
Breaka
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Breaka »

looking forward to it!
..no screenies here but I could also help with the object placing if someone could provide bird's eye views of the maps..
-Breaka (CANADIAN BEER)
Image Image
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

I have tried emailing laggy too but no response. I do live up in the area so I could knock on the door ;). I would reccomend getting in contact with him. He has all the maps. Why recreate when you can have the orginals? Then again, some change may be in order for those maps.

I do look foward to having a CTF server back up. Miss the good ole days.

I remember the games with Bertha, Moe, Chief, silbarcalis, Cadc, Grey, -z-, lonewolf, oddball. Ahhh would kill to bring back those good games.
BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by BerthaCampaDiva »

I also e-mailed Lag in case your e-mails were automatically sent to junk e-mail. Cloud, get walkin'.. knock on the door n' git it!

:)
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

@ Breaka

We will take you up on that

@Cloud

It would be great if 56 would let us have the maps only, but I feel that is not going to happen - it would save a lot of time..

@ Bertha

Thanks

The Recreation version will be as similar as possible, albeit slightly updated with some of the newer things we now have and can do with TT. For the purists dont worry it will rock and if you know me and the stuff I make you know we will do a killer CTF recreation. Mr Phobik is doing a great job and was the one who started this project off, so really thanks to him for getting the cogs moving and for getting me off my ass and into gear.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

I love supprising folks. 56K is in for a knock on the door at some point. Never hurts to try.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above:

DO IT!! DO IT!! :thumbup:
wOOt
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by wOOt »

I have known Dazzle since my first day here on this tank game. There is one thing that I can attest to about this man, when he is finished, it will be better than the original as far as play, lag, graphics ect... The man is a friggin bulldog when it comes to working on projects, and a perfectionist to a fault. No one can out work this the daz. And when he finish's the maps they will be quality like you have never seen, and the thing is, he does this for free, for the love of the game and the community. I bet he will log more than 500 hrs on this and will never once ask for a kudo, he is a class act and I'm proud to be able to call him friend.

Thanks Daz in advance for all your doing, and Mr phobick thank you also. And BTW Phobick ya best get the coffee pot going, you will need it to be able to stay with this guy.
Watching Dazzle pwn Rogue to be endlessly pissy since 4/1/2008