DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

a few things~

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

a few things~

Post by Salmon Sam »

Hey y'all, it's me, the one and only Salmon Sam. I've returned to ThinkTanks, and I have some updates, comments, and formatted text~

~Did you hear we're having games on Thursday nights? We had 5 players in the server last time, which is truly impressive for a game so old and dead. Games usually happen around 8:30 central time. We're trying to get more people playing, and we're in talks with some guy named "Cloud" about starting a team scrum server with good maps(not mine). It's the first time in history that it's important for us to sit on our butts and play video games as much as possible, so do. And if you haven't yet, join the Discord group - it's more active than ptt2: discord.gg/H7fGD6E
Screen Shot 04-09-20 at 10.11 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 04-09-20 at 10.11 PM.JPG (202.6 KiB) Viewed 9745 times
~It seems we're all in debt to Cloud and Phobik for keeping this game alive. Thanks. I also want to shout out Gray and Sheepy for continuing to play through the years. I've popped in every here and there and I could often get games with those two.

~I know you all have been pacing back and forth wondering what Salmon Sam has been up to, and I won't bore you with details, but I'm 24 now. I was a wee teenager when I was last active here. I've finally gained access to the special adult forum - smh. Also, my name's not Sam. IDK, I picked this name when I was 12. Call me Salmon, or if you want you can call me by my actual name, Levi.

~I noticed y'all spent some time making lists of the best scrummers, and I just want to express my extreme displeasure at being left off those lists. Even if I wasn't the most skilled, my influence alone should've been more than enough. Please be more thoughtful next time.

~I always thought one of the most fun things I did in a video game was PSL. It was so cool that you all did the work to organize those leagues - thanks to all those involved.

~I miss those players I used to Skype chat with. Shouts out to Hau BMT, w00t, parCAT, Dazzle, and others for talking to me.

~I play a few other games these days. If anyone wants to play Rocket League (on PS4), MKX or MK11 (PS4), Rainbow Six Siege (PS4), or Smash Bros (on Switch) add me! (usernames in bio)

pandemic scrum league??
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: a few things~

Post by Cloud »

Hey. Welcome back. Hopefully, more people come back since we are all stuck indoors. I'd kill for some good TS games, but I assume we all suck. I was able to get a TS server up using Phobik's scripts he made many years ago. Because these scripts are so outdated, there are some errors in the console when running servers. I hope the TS server runs smoothly without lag so we can have some TS games. Let me know if there are any issues. Please get ahold of me for the admin password, but I wouldn't try all the admin codes in the server. I would strictly use it to move to the next map or kick people that are lagged out, etc. Overall, It sort of works. Any code or spam will probably make the server run slow or cause lag. To join the server, make sure you have Dazzle's pack installed.

I keep the servers up for old time's sake. I keep up ptt2 and the Phobik's (beta) and now the TS server. More recently, ThatGuySam helps maintain ptt2 and get people's TT working. Mr. Phobik has also spent a ton of time and energy helping ptt2 and servers stay up. CB has kept up servers too, so thanks for that. I, on the other hand, don't do much, so thank you for the undue credit.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

Welcome back, Salmon! It's definitely been awhile. I am very interested to play some TS like old times. Unfortunately, without looking too much into it, my Thinktanks won't currently run on OS Catalina (won't even open). Not too sure how to troubleshoot, but I will figure something out. To anyone reading this who may have a solution, let me know!

Looking forward to getting the gang back together. Thanks to all of those who have kept everything running despite the lack of use over the years.
meow !
ThatGuySam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ThatGuySam »

Hi parCAT

Hope you are well.

Unfortunately, ThinkTanks no longer works past macOS Mojave as it is a 32-bit application.
Catalina only runs 64-bit apps.

An alternative would be running Windows, perhaps in Bootcamp or making a separate partition with Mojave?

- Sam
Have Fun Always
Sam

Has been playing TT Since: 28th October 2012
Join ThinkTanks' Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H7fGD6E
SliMShaDy
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by SliMShaDy »

Paaaartaay, hello you all! Hope all is well....miss me? I play real tanks with Clans available.
Www.worldoftanks.com ... got about 5 accounts...heh!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us